WCAT Online Services
Use WCAT Online Services to get information about your appeal and send documents to WCAT. For example, you can:
- Find important dates, recent documents, or submissions and evidence from others involved in the appeal
- Get notified by email when there is new information about the appeal
- Submit evidence or information for an appeal
Once you sign up for WCAT Online Services, you will get email updates about your appeals. Emails will not be encrypted. You will sign in to WCAT Online Services to review updates or new information.
Who can use WCAT Online Services
WCAT Online Services is available to workers, employers and representatives who have one of the following types of appeals already started:
- Compensation appeals
- Occupational health and safety appeals
- Assessment appeals
It cannot be used for prohibited action appeals or to request a certificate to court.
If you’re a representative or a main contact for your employer, you will be able to access information about all appeals for your firm or company.
If you’re not able to use WCAT Online Services, you will continue to receive information the same way you always have, by mail or encrypted email.
How to sign up
Step 1: Go to https://onlineservices.wcat.bc.ca/. Click on Create an account.
Step 2: Verify your email address by entering a code that is emailed to you.
Step 3: Prove who you are by providing information specific to your role. You will need to enter:
- Your first and last name. Enter it exactly how it appears on a letter you have received from WCAT
- An email address that you check regularly
- An appeal number for an appeal that has already been started at WCAT
- If you’re a worker, your Personal Health Number (PHN) or date of birth
- If you’re an employer or representative, the name of your employer or firm or Employer Appeal Number (EAN) and the WorkSafeBC claim number or Review Division reference number.
Step 4: Choose a unique password to use each time you sign in.
Step 5: After you sign in for the first time, you will automatically receive email updates about your appeal.
What to do you if you work for more than one firm
If you are an employer or representative contact and work under multiple employers or representative firms, please add all your firms to your account to see their appeals.
- Sign in to your WCAT Online Services account
- Click the top right hamburger menu and select Add employer/representative firm
- Enter the details and appeal information for that firm exactly how it appears on a letter from WCAT
- You may need to sign out and sign back in to see the new firm on your account
Ask for help
If you have trouble using WCAT Online Services, check the suggestions below or call our team to ask for help.
If you are not getting emails from WCAT Online Services:
- Check your junk or spam folder
- Add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts
It may take some time for your submission to be available online. All submissions must be reviewed by an appeal owner before uploading to WCAT Online Services. This is to make sure none of your private information is shared to other parties on the appeal.
You may save a copy of the submission confirmation page for your records.
Only appeals related to compensation, assessment and occupational health and safety appear on WCAT Online Services. If your appeal is related to another issue, you will continue to receive mail or encrypted email for that appeal.
If you are an employer or representative contact and work under multiple employers or representative firms, please add your all your firms to your account to see their appeals.
Make sure you are entering all your information exactly how it appears on a letter from WCAT, including using the right upper and lower cases. Do not leave any empty spaces after your entries.
If you are a representative firm, please enter information for your firm. Do not enter your client’s Employer Account Number or registered business name.
If a file is not uploading, make sure that:
- The file is not password protected
- The file is not larger than 10MB
- The file is one of the file types that is accepted
- The file name is less than 234 characters long
- You have not uploaded 10 or more files
- Large documents can take some time to load
- If an error occurs while you are waiting for a file to upload or download, try again