Text Size  Decrease text size Reset the text size back to default Increase text size Text Sizer Help


As a worker, or a dependant of a deceased worker, you can appeal most Review Division decisions to us at WCAT.

Here are some typical examples of decisions you can appeal:

You need to ensure that we receive your appeal within 30 days of the date of the Review Division decision.

Note: We cannot decide any issue or question that was not contained in the WorkSafeBC or Review Division decision. If you want a decision on something new, you must ask WorkSafeBC for it.

You cannot appeal some Review Division decisions to us. Here are some typical examples of decisions you cannot appeal:  more ...

  • A decision regarding vocational rehabilitation assistance
  • A decision about whether or not to refer a decision back to WorkSafeBC
  • A decision not to give more time to bring your review to the Review Division
  • The way a review officer handled your appeal
  • A request for a lump-sum award (that is, to commute an award) for a permanent disability

You have 30 days to appeal a Review Division decision to us.

You can start your appeal in one of these ways:

  1. Fill out a Notice of Appeal (Compensation) form on-line. If you are not familiar with our appeal process, this form will help you enter all the required information successfully. Email the form to us or print the completed form, sign it, and send it to us by fax or mail. for the form.
  2. Print a blank Notice of Appeal (Compensation) form, fill it out, sign it, and send it to us by fax or mail. You can also telephone us and we will send you a Notice of Appeal form. In order to keep your appeal active, you need to ensure that we receive your completed form within 21 days. for the form.
  3. Send a letter by email, fax, or mail telling us why you think the earlier decision is wrong. State the specific results you want from WCAT, such as more compensation. Include your name, address, telephone number, claim number (WorkSafeBC file number), the date of the decision you are appealing, and your signature.

If you have a copy of the Review Division decision available, please include the first page with your Notice of Appeal form or letter.

If you are a worker responding to an employer's appeal, for more information.

If you are NOT appealing a Review Division decision, then for information on direct appeals or for information on legal actions .

Workers' Compensation Appeal Tribunal. 150-4600 Jacombs Road, Richmond BC V6V 3B1 * All rights reserved.
Tel. (604) 664-7800 * Toll Free within BC 1 (800) 663-2782 * Fax (604) 664-7898