Text Size  Decrease text size Reset the text size back to default Increase text size Text Sizer Help

Gathering Evidence FAQs

  1. Can WCAT obtain more evidence?
  2. We have the right to collect information such as employment, income, and medical records. We may also request WorkSafeBC to investigate matters, including doing ergonomic and employability assessments.

    We may request information or an opinion from a worker's own doctor. We may also request independent medical advice or assistance from a doctor or other health professional who is not employed by WorkSafeBC. The doctor or other health professional may ask a worker to attend for an examination.

    If the vice chair obtains any additional evidence, we will send the appellant and the participating respondent a copy for comment.

    Although we have the right to seek out additional information, please do not assume that the vice chair will investigate further.

Workers' Compensation Appeal Tribunal. 150-4600 Jacombs Road, Richmond BC V6V 3B1 * All rights reserved.
Tel. (604) 664-7800 * Toll Free within BC 1 (800) 663-2782 * Fax (604) 664-7898